Friday, May 12, 2006

Simple peace

I recently found myself wanting something. It was a house, a big beautiful house, in the town that I am falling deeper in love with every time I visit. Financially it would of been a tight stretch, but not impossible. I took a moment and took the matter to God. And I quite honestly begged Him to break my heart. I asked for doors that I shouldn't be walking through to be not just closed but locked, and for Him to do whatever it took, to keep me on HIS road rather than my own.
I can't tell you how nervous I was about Him answering that prayer. I was bracing myself for hurt and discouragement. But the amazing part is, it never came. I didn't get my house, and I have a long road ahead to continue getting ready to one day try for a house again, but I'm more than ok with it. I'm still happy, and content and have both peace and enthusiasm concerning the house. I'm looking forward to meeting my goals and taking new steps.
I did learn something from this though, that gives me no end of comfort.
God was gentle with me. And I can trust Him with my dreams.
You can too. I would only suggest one thing to you though. Speak your heart to Him, don't just think it.

Psalms 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

No comments: