Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It shall be given him.

Today brings with it sweet, blessed peace.
Peace does not mean there is no sorrow, or struggle, but sweet blessed peace can nestle itself amongst those thorns as sweetly as a rose.

I know my mother. Probably better than anyone else. And I realized today that she would want us to make her decisions for her. Not our decisions for her. But her decisions. And I knew what she would do, no matter how difficult it was for her or us.
I knew it because she spent years making these same choices and I watched and learned, and did what I do best - try to make her laugh despite the hard choices.

With that knowledge came tears, and peace.

Today I begin the process of figuring out which items I need to load up for an indefinite trip home, and continue all my research concerning alzheimers and the people who have it. God is good, when all the situations are bad.
He brings sweet, blessed peace.

He is good. Outlandishly good.

So let me tell you this, I know so many decisions have to be made and it is hard to tell where God is leading sometimes and what He would have you to do. Do not be afraid to wait on Him, to ask, and seek, and continue until you know the peace that comes with a good and right decision.
If any of you lack wisdom, let him as of God that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him.

He'll help, He'll guide, He'll see you through.
It SHALL be given him.

No comments: