Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am thankful for my stuff.

Lord may I never complain about the task of packing my many items. As I place item after item into box and bag, and surround it by foam and paper so that it will traverse safely from place to place, let me work with thankfulness for each and every item.

May I bask in the joy of having so much that meets so many needs, rather than groan that those things must be packed.

May I revel in my wealth and luxury, knowing how truly blessed I have been by You, rather than groan saying that some items aren't worth the effort.

May I bless You, in how I treat this time of collecting my things. Let me enter and leave this time rejoicing in how much weight You have given me to carry.
May I speak as Jacob:

Then Jacob...divided the people that was with him, and the flocks, and herds, and the camels, into two bands; And said, If Esau come to the one company, and smite it, then the other company which is left shall escape.
And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:
I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.

No comments: