Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Tuesday after quitting

I've been busy. I've advertised a ton for childcare, baking cakes, and a laundry service. I wouldn't have thought of the laundry service except the lady who sold me my car had used it for her laundry service. So I just added it to the list of "What can I do?"

So tonight, I'm finishing up two cakes - I quickly got an order for a chocolate cake and a pineapple upside down cake. No one else has contacted me though so I'm not sure how ultimately profitable/busy this will be. Unless my customer really raves about it.

This morning I met with Zak. He handles the newspaper delivery for this district. I now have a two day route that goes out early mornings and I can take the kids with me. I'm praying that Human Services doesn't balk at this. It's going to cover a major chunk of my monthly $$ goal. I start on Easter Sunday. Sundays and Wednesdays.

This afternoon I got a call from a grandmother calling for her daughter. They're switching daycares and are interested in talking to me. She's the first one that I've talked to that I really thought would be a good fit. I'm  praying.

I love my daughters. One of the things that was running through my mind recently was the sermon of the talents. Right now, I feel that if Christ returned and looked at the two gifts He's handed me that He'd see the original two talents. And I'm hoping that these changes will multiply to my daughters so that I will be found a good steward bringing back to him 5 and 10 talents where He gives me 1. He gives the increase, but this is a field I pray I'm given a chance to labor in.

I don't have a clue what I'm doing.
But I feel really joyful.

And that pineapple upside down cake smells really good.

No comments: