Sunday, April 02, 2006

Earthquakes, Landslides, Tsunami's, Volcanoes - A Present Help.

For those that don't know, I lead a "Read the bible through in a year" program. We gather Mon-Sat from 10am - 10:15 am and in a chat room I post 3 verses on the screen at a time while the others read them. I keep on posting verses until we've read about 3 chapters. Sundays I e-mail everyone the scriptures for the day, and also, anyone that misses or just wants the scriptures in their e-mail daily receive it that way. It's interesting, and a lot easier to read when you know others are reading with you. It's kind of silly the things we have to do though to motivate ourselves to read the Bible.
Anyway, a couple of months back I added on the idea of a memory verse. No one actually has to try and memorize the verse, I just asked everyone to at least read it when it posted on the screen or came in their e-mail. Read where it's found and the verse. I'm praying that somehow that small bit of attention we give to it will help it stick in our minds. We keep the same memory verse over the entire course of a week, so after seeing it 7 times... well... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I found myself in a difficult situation though, it's hard to pick out memory verses for other people! But this morning, while driving around I was suddenly thinking "Be still" so I did a search for verses that say "Be Still" in them. And I came across this, I just wanted to share it with you all, and I hope you like it even half as much as I do.
Psalms 46:1 - 3
1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

No comments: