Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am blessed

I'm working on a post about love. I'm not even close to having the thoughts in my heart ready for posting, but I'm so preoccupied with what I really want to be saying that it's hard for me to post on anything else. So maybe this whole week is just going to be about love. We'll just have to see how it goes.

I was thinking today about how blessed I am. A little over 10 years ago I met an amazing couple from New York. I didn't meet them in person, but I met them online. I was 15 yrs old then and I'm 25 yrs old now and I am still in regular contact with these friends.

6 yrs ago through a website of mine a young man from Houston (now moved to Tulsa) came across my website. He e-mailed me and we're still in touch and have visited each other on several occasions. He memorizes scripture for Bible Quiz as a participant and a coach. His most recent challenge so far has been memorizing the book of Romans and two other books which he had to recite for a judge in 45 minutes I believe.

Right now, thanks to my blog I've met someone else that is slowly becoming a friend. I'm looking forward to meet him and his wife *hopefully* sometime soon.

I've made friends with convienience store clerks, mentally challenged neighbors, my brothers co-workers, and a scattering of people all over that I could have just dismissed as irrelavant to my life. One of the small ties I especially cherish is a friendship with my sister-in-laws family.

If the world is suppose to know I'm a Christian by my love, my list proves I haven't even made a dent. I come in contact with so many people each and every day. It's so easy to dismiss people. So very easy. God didn't choose me for His Kingdom because I'm a better person than those around me. I'm not more important, I'm just willing.

No comments: