Tuesday, October 17, 2006

So much to do so little time

From being at work 9 hrs a day to training classes to driving back and forth for those training classes, to picking up anything extra necessary at my 2nd job life is busy.

My title makes sense now right?

But that's not what I'm talking about.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to foster care is that my busyness will finally be geared towards God. Not money, not stuff, not friendships, not family, but God. There is so much God needs done in this world, and so little time to do it. Especially if you're hoping to pick up the slack for all those that aren't doing anything.

I was talking to a lady the other day that informed me she was fed up and was going to leave her husband. In my responses to her I asked her to choose. Choose who she was going to serve, whether it was going to be God or herself. Unfortunately though, my admonitions came back to bite me. As I thought about what I was saying, I knew my words weren't just about staying with her husband, but about every aspect of my life.

When I wake up I am allowed to choose. Is today about me or God? I can easily tell everyone that God comes first, but when I'm hitting the snooze alarm desiring 9 more minutes of sleep rather than getting up and spending the time necessary in prayer and reading the bible then who I'm placing first is very clear.

It's a daily choice, actually an minute by minute choice it seems, to put God first in everything and in every way. I can't put off my study of His word till tomorrow. I don't have time for procrastination, there's just too much to do and far too little time.

No comments: