Thursday, April 10, 2008

Potential Saints

So I quit posting for a bit. I could easily still not post, I don't have anything to say. But hey, that hasn't stopped me for the last 2 yrs or so, so why should it start now.
It's been interesting checking my stats. You all keep coming back even though I wasn't posting.

So... I decided I'd give something back to you. Just to hopefully make this pit stop a little more worth your while.
Bob, over at In The Clearing wrote a great post.

Just a piece of it that has really stuck with me was the greeting he talked about Paul addressing to the Romans. "all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints."

We've got a big hoopla at work where the accounting department (comprised of 4 really nice ladies) has come to odds with the HR department (comprised of 3 really nice ladies) - and yes, that is my department. One of the ladies from accounting is just outstandingly sweet, and she stopped by my office to visit and I offered her a sucker (blowpops are just wonderful creations - gum, and sucker... all on one stick!). I then pushed off on her a couple more suckers for the rest of her comrades and she looked at me and, apparently considering the feud, said "Are you sure?"

Later on I considered how easy it is to forget who people are. People can get so wrapped up in what he said/she said and the next thing you know you're mortal enemies over a signature. At least that's what I think the war is about, I'm not even sure actually what caused the division.

At some point though, you get wrapped up into your separate worlds of friends, church, family, work, and whatever other groups a person might have, and you forget that huge banner that falls over each of us: those in someplace who are loved by God and called to be saints.
To those that read my blog, who are loved by God and called to be saints.

For me, reading it over at In the Clearing, it really just caught my eye. It didn't just address me, it addressed me and told me I was loved. And it didn't just do that either; it addressed me, told me I was loved, and reminded me of my calling.

I guess, especially with feeling the way I feel, and knowing that I haven't been acting like someone "loved by God and called to be a saint", I realize that life does a lot of crazy things to people. And sometimes singers don't sing, writers don't write, musicians don't play, and artists don't create; but that doesn't change what they are.

So the next time I want to gripe about my neighbor, or that jerk potential saint that tailgated me on the way to work or the one lady in accounting that started the whole drama - I might want to remind myself of exactly how I feel about those I love. I can talk bad about them, but YOU CAN'T. God might have to judge us crazies one day, but He loves us. And He might be thinking the same thing about me, when I start talking about that saint that let her dog poop on my porch.

Bob's post went beyond that greeting, far beyond it. So go check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good one...thanks.

i am amazed over and over again how much Love God is. and i should never tire of being reminded.

God be with you, always.