Friday, July 23, 2010

What am I doing?

I keep saying as soon as life slows down into a routine of some sort I'll finally be able to start blogging again....
Obviously it hasn't too much. I miss writing. And I have the feeling I'm going to regret not having some posts to look back on to remember this time with.

So this is just a mini life update for those of you that might possibly be interested.

I'm caught up on all my foster parenting classes again (I even have a head start on next year).
I've passed 1 inspection, 1 more bigger one to go (most likely next week).
And then an update has to be done on my homestudy.
And then I'm done. Sometimes the homestudy update might be scheduled 3 weeks out or so depending on the persons schedule, but it shouldn't be too long.

Also, I'd gotten a renter lined up for my house and taken the ad out of the paper only to have the renter back out at the last minute. Pray for Kevin, his wife has brain cancer and they've just found out it's spreading.
I'll be in my house, my house, this weekend seeing what the house looks like and getting it ready for another renter. I'll be changing locks, mowing lawn, and adult sitting my mother so my dad can have a break.

And Sunday morning, bright and early, I get to visit my Little One. She's nearly 6. She'll be entering Kindergarten this fall. I met her when she was 2.... it's crazy how the time flies. I'll never forget waiting for a 2 yr old to get out of that car only to see this super tall girl, in a brown shirt, brown and pink camo skirt and a buzz cut come out and shyly meet me. I have the feeling I've been gone long enough that I'll get that shy greeting again. Her parents are still doing incredible, and when I talked to them this week they were disciplining their daughter (which I am always thankful to hear when they are firm with her) and mom had a new, quieter responsible tone to her voice. She'd been through a lot this year and she'd stepped up to the plate, they both had. If you ask me to point to the few success stories I know of in life - they're the #1 slot. They love their daughter. And that's good enough for me.

I'm off to work, this "post" has become more like a letter to old friends rather than a spiritual post of some sort. Some of you I don't even know, but you've read through my journey for the last several years and even though you didn't comment I've known you all were there. So I appreciate you all.

Have a great weekend,

No comments: