Thursday, December 08, 2011

A valid blog

I asked people to click on the advertisements to support this blog.

I clicked on a link in the program to see what it defined as "Invalid clicks" and it simply said that I, the publisher, was not allowed to ask you to click.

Whoops.

The point being that the advertisers don't want someone just clicking on their link and then closing it to make me money - but they want you to be interested in their service, to read what they're advertising. I understand that, and that's why in my initial request I stated that while you "didn't have to buy, or spend 20 minutes on their site, but I would appreciate it if you'd at least observe what they're selling so I'm not cheating my way to Precious. God will provide good ways to get her without me ripping off advertisers with false clicks".

I still mean that. I won't be mentioning the ads anymore (though if you see something inappropriate, I do want you to let me know) - I would simply ask that you only click the links you're actually interested in, and willing to look at. If you've seen the ad for Christian Colleges 20 times like I have, you probably aren't too interested in it anymore. (I haven't clicked on it myself because I did at least know that I am prohibited from clicking my own ads).

But the topic brings me to something excellent, and pure, and wonderful. Validity.

The amount of money necessary to adopt Precious has become a question in many peoples minds I'm sure. And, as of today, I've finally stood up and said simply that I wouldn't tell. As people offer their assistance, things of their own for me to sell and such, I've decided that God would receive more glory if no one else knows the exact size of the need. (If you're one of the few people who know,  please keep it to yourself!) If I told you it was $1000, your expectations and prayers might lean one way, if I told you it was $100,000 your expectations and prayers might lean another way.

I want your response and prayers to lean Gods way. In everything, not just this.

I want God to be glorified in this. Above, and beyond my expectations not just in money, or time, or state decisions still pending, but in all the interactions He opens the doors for me to have because of these children, and the ones to come.

I want their lives, their futures, to be oh so valid.
My blog, should be valid. My silly advertisements should be valid. My interactions should be valid.
My hopes and dreams should be valid. My prayers, all my prayers, should be valid.

My Precious, my future of embracing the weak and neglected little ones, I expect to be riddled with integrity, dignity, and uprightness.
I do not want even an idea of cheating, tricking, abusing a system, to taint something so beautiful and wonderful - especially because our dear friends love us so much that they'd be willing to cheat, trick or abuse for our sakes.

So, I ask my friends and readers to walk with integrity. I needed the reminder today, to help me be firm in this request.

Let your life, your actions, your walk be valid.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

No comments: