Thursday, October 27, 2005

Why don't we?

I've been thinking this past week about how few people read their bible through each year. Until recently I wasn't on a plan myself. So technically I would just keep reading the books that were more 'normal' until I finally decided that wasn't enough.
When is the last time you read the book of Ezekiel? or 1 and 2 Chronicles? or Obadiah? If you're still thinking then, it wasn't often enough. Granted, I don't think we're going to lose our salvation because we haven't read His book. But the Bible does instruct us to read it. So the fact that we're not puts us in disobedience. 3 chapters a day is 15 minutes worth of reading. Come on, through our busy lives if we can't find 15 minutes to sit down and read God's word something is wrong. And I think it starts with our priorities. We don't want to read, and in todays society, that means we don't. Study to show yourself approved. Hide God's word in your heart so you won't sin against Him. Make His word a lamp to your feet, so you won't go astray. Join with me, read the bible through in one year. Start reading on your own now! We can do it!

No comments: