Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope you take a moment a truly give wholehearted thanks for all your blessings that you have. God is good all the time!
Now... anyone that knows me, knows I'm not a good cook. So, I wanted to make my Thanksgiving wishes for you, personal. I could find nothing better than this amazing poem.
Happy Thanksgiving!
- Jeanette

~Thanksgiving~
The Turkey shot out of the oven
and rocketed into the air
it knocked every plate off the table
and partly demolished a chair.
It ricocheted into a corner
and burst with a deafening boom
then splattered all over the kitchen
then splattered all over the kitchen

completely obscuring the room.
It stuck to the walls and the windows
it totally coated the floor
there was turkey attached to the ceiling
where there'd never been turkey before.
It blanketed every appliance
it smeared every saucer and bowl
there wasn't a way I could
that turkey was out of control.
I scraped and I scrubbed with displeasure
and thought with chagrin as I mopped
that I'd never again stuff a turkey
with popcorn that hadn't been popped.

No comments: