Saturday, July 18, 2009

Don't Give Up.

I don't know what part of "His ways aren't our ways, His thoughts aren't our thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-13) doesn't sink in with us, but... we won't always understand what is happening.

And when that happens, Don't give up.
Don't give up.

Don't. Give. Up.

You won't always understand... accept that. Be willing to fight the good fight, even when you can't see your enemy clearly.
Be willing to endure the race, even when you don't see the end in sight.
Be willing to stand, with hope, even when things seem hopeless.

Be willing to press on with patience. Patiently awaiting the day when Gods plan, His will, finally shines itself through whatever your situation is.

Don't give up.

Guard yourself against the "give up" language.

When Elijah ran into the cave yelling about how he was the only one left, God knew He had people reserved. The fact that Elijah couldn't see them made him want to quit. But don't. (1 Kings 19)

Stand firm, in faith, waiting for Gods plan to manifest itself.

I was thinking on Wednesday night how the "steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord".(Ps 37:23)

We were unusually late for church Wednesday. We're always a little late because of a work schedule but this time different things happened to slow us down. So, 30 minutes after church had started we finally walked in the door. It was a very loud, and very soulful black church. (Our 2nd one to attend, they do a better job of welcoming people than most churches do.) Right outside the door we were listening to the unusual music coming through the walls and considered leaving.

But we carried on walking and went into the service where the song service was slowly coming to a close. I wondered briefly if we had been there at the beginning if we would have stayed through the song service. But we were late - so it wasn't an issue.

There were a lot of preliminaries and while I could describe a lot about the church I just want to mention this one preliminary act.

A gentleman got up, and instructed us to get out our Bibles.
We then repeated after him this "Bible Declaration"

Bible Declaration

This is my Bible, I am what it says I am. I can do what it says I can do. I am a believer and not a doubter. I respect and love the Word of God.

My Bible contains the inspired, immutable, prophetic, and unadulterated Word of God.

The words in my Bible contain seeds to exceedingly great and precious promises that lead to blessings, faith, wisdom, and prosperity.

The Word of God can set the captives free, heal the broken hearted, open blinded eyes, raise the dead, break demonic possession, depression and all types of oppression.

The Word of God is restoring my mind.
The Word of God is restoring marriages.
The Word of God is restoring ministries.
The Word of God is healing diseases.
And because of the Word of God I will never, ever be the same again!


And standing there, joyfully, with all these other believers who know as I do that this book, this God has changed their lives, I was profoundly thankful that I'd been led to that church.
And I grabbed onto the promise that each step I'm taking here - each new church, each new endeavor (as long as I listen and listen hard) is ordered of the Lord.

Even with my long diatribe about the church I went to last Sunday, God was able to use that awful place to work repentance and renewed reverence in me. The steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord.

Even with my many complaints about being bored because I haven't begun working full time yet, God has worked a patience in me and a peace concerning it. The steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord.

We all say we understand that God is not our Christian Santa Claus, yet we still act as though He is. Here's what I want, what I believe I need. Now go fetch it for me God.
The steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord.
Those steps don't always lead you where you expect to go. They don't always lead you where you want to go. But they will always lead you where it is best for you to go.

So don't give up. Whatever it is in your life that doesn't make sense right now, trust God and wait. I cannot tell you the peace I've gained in the middle of troubling circumstances. That is why I speak of joy and unhappiness abiding together in me because I am profoundly troubled and hurt by things going on around me, yet there is still joy. ** I only just now caught that I said I could not tell you it... it truly is joy unspeakable and full of glory**

But God is most glorified when your patience comes in the middle of a trial that would invoke impatience.
Just as He was most glorified when His Son, Jesus Christ, died for love of a people that should have invoked hatred. For while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

So, don't give up. Wait upon the Lord: be of good courage and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait I say, on the Lord. (Ps. 27:14)

Don't give up.

1 comment:

Flyawaynet said...

:)

Thanks Destiny