Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Exceedingly and abundantly beyond all I can ask or think according to the power that worketh in me

I wanted to wait until I had something more solid but I wanted to share this interesting note.

I have been looking for work in San Antonio since about May. Since that time I've received little to no leads.

This is July... so I did what I do better than I do most other things. I took my job hunt to God. And I fasted for 2 days seeking Gods direction and leading in what He wanted me to do.
During those two days I got two phone calls setting up interviews.

I ended my fast.

My phone went entirely silent again.

I began yet another fast today.
Today I got two more phone calls.

It really doesn't mean as much unless you imagine weeks of applications and resumes and no response whatsoever. And then suddenly, I fast and interviews begin.

I almost (almost) think joblessness is the most exciting thing I've ever done. My only job is to do my best at applying for as many jobs as I can, and then simply trust God for the rest. It's... challenging and wonderful all at the same time.

Today, one of the calls I received is for a job that I have refused over and over again. People have asked me to do it for years, and I refused. And in fact, when I applied (almost as a joke) I made a point of telling them that I've refused the job before because I didn't feel I could do it.
They called saying they liked my honesty.
I hung up laughing at Gods crazy ways.

God is good. Quirky and crazy, Holy and Magnificent. And I cannot even imagine where He's going to take me next.

And I'm ok with that.

No comments: