Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Alright already! I get it!

I went home last night and was reading the book of Ephesians. Let's just say this is not the book to turn to if you're wanting to feel self-righteous and indignant.

Ephesians 4:2627, 29-31

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Neither give place to the devil.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.


So.. alright. I get it.

I won't delete my angry post, because truly documenting "this walk" means documenting the things that shame me as well. I'm sorry you'll see it.

1 comment:

One Sided said...

Anger is a healthy emotion. Think of it as a safety valve. With the emotional roller coaster this world subjects us to there has to be a means of venting. Again being angry is not a sin. Expressing your anger is not a sin.
Expressing your anger incorrectly is where you need to be careful.