Sunday, November 25, 2007

Mathas Song

There's a pretty popular song out called "The Heart of Worship"

The words go:

When the music fades and all is stripped away, and I simply come. Longing just to bring, something that's of worth, that will bless Your heart.

I'm coming back to the heart of worship and it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus.
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I made it, when it's all about You, it's all about You Jesus.


I've had several people jokingly tell me that I didn't get the heart of the song, because I always play the piano during that song. And the song starts off "When the music fades". It's a joke, I'm not offended, but remembering it now, I wonder if those people had as limited an idea of the song as I did. Until recently.

There are so many aspects to worship. It's not just singing. In anything that we give to Jesus, it's all too easy to start focusing on the giving, rather than the Receiver. I know in my own life I often find myself working hard. But I forget what I'm working AT. Sometimes you get so busy singing a song, you forget you're worshipping God. Sometimes you get so busy writing a check you forget you're tithing to God. Sometimes you get so busy cooking a meal, correcting, and giving baths, that you forget you're raising a child.

I've been interested in the story of Mary and Martha ever since I read the post concerning their application to real life by John Lynch.
I wish the bible gave me an indication of what Martha did after God told her only one thing was needful and that Mary had chosen it. I wonder if she said "I'm coming back to the heart of worship Master, and it's all about You."
Or did she just go back to her preparations confused about how she was suppose to feed Him AND sit at his feet.
Seriously.

2 comments:

One Sided said...

It was not the task it was the heart Jesus was addressing.

The preacher , preaching is or at least should be worshiping with the serice he is offering.

Whoever cleans the bathrooms at your church (unless hired) whold do so with the same heart as the preacher.

It is the contition of the heart not the act...........

Flyawaynet said...

It's hard for me to tell from your comment if you're adding your agreement to what I said or if you're adding your correction to what I said.

Either way, I agree with you.

For me, the heart is in the whole. My focus is my heart. So when I write that check or clean that bathroom, if I'm focusing on those things I end up missing out. But when my focus/heart is in the 'giving to God my service' I end up winning.

I didn't make a big point of it in the post I suppose, but for me, it's about your focus. And where my focus is, that's where my heart is.