Thursday, September 04, 2008

Don't let your heart be silent

It's not an easy thing to do, for me, it's actually the amongst some of the hardest things I've done in my lifetime - it's the oh-so-difficult task of speaking my heart.

It's easy to think things about people, appreciate them, love them, respect them - but harder altogether to say it.

I've been working at cultivating a community around me. Church friends I know are now accepting invitations to lunches, dinners, and I'm taking some great nervous swallows and accepting an invitation I received. I'm calling people, and reaching out to people as best as I know how. I want them to know they are loved, needed, necessary in my life, and valued. Not valued as something to be kept on a shelf and untouched, but something to be valued and lived in as a favorite shirt might be.

Too many times we find ourselves praying for a moment, the words to say, the time to speak them, and that they'd be said perfectly. But, much like speaking in tongues - sometimes the words will never appear unless you actually open your mouth.

Say something. Anything. Make sure, that everyone you care about knows where they stand with you. Love, and give of yourself unabashedly. Even if it hurts or when you know it isn't returned.
Value people.
Value people.
Value people.

And pray for Bell.

No comments: