Saturday, September 06, 2008

Speak that which is precious

This is a bible study outline I received from a friend - it's challenging for me, especially on days like today, but I wanted to share it so you could be challenged as well.


Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Jeremiah Told to Repent

15:19 Therefore, this is what the LORD says:
If you return, I will restore you;
you will stand in My presence.
And if you speak noble [words],
rather than worthless ones,
you will be My spokesman. (A)
It is they who must return to you;
you must not return to them.

Modern:“Speak that which is precious and not that which is foolish, and you shall be My mouth.”
Cross references:
Isaiah 49: 2-62 He made my words like a sharp sword; (C)
He hid me in the shadow of His hand.
(D) He made me like a sharpened arrow;
He hid me in His quiver.

3-6 He said to me, You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendour….. for your are honoured and made strong in the eyes of the LORD…. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.
Ex 4:16;
16 He will speak to the people for you. He will be your spokesman, and you will serve as God to him.
Focus on saying only what God says.

“You have a healing spring within you.”

Let your words be purposeful:
A) Edifying: Love, Acceptance, & Forgiveness; the message of Christ:
B) Healing body, mind, & spirit; the action of Christ, (destroying the works of Satan)
C) Giving Hope & a Future; the purpose of Christ
D) Creative & Prophetic; the continuity and nature of Christ: Speaking light into darkness and chaos.

No comments: