Wednesday, January 06, 2010

By the grace of God ONLY.

I have a correction to make.

I said it earlier, I'm a cotton-headed-ninny-muggins. At times severely misguided and deluded, able to pursue foolishness like nobodies business. So I hope everyone keeps that very important information on file in their brains as they read this blog.

I say that because looking back at the last two posts I want to make one thing very clear.

BY THE GRACE OF GOD I SERVE THE LORD

Can I make it any clearer?

It's not by might, or power, it's not by self-discipline and determination.
It's not by deciding in my head that I'm going to let things go and trust.
It's by the grace of God.

All those things are simply by-products of what God is doing in my life. Your life. Our lives. Those great tools we're able to use; faith, trust, hope, love, joy, peace - those are used by the grace of God. They are not used to create Gods work in our lives, but by Gods work they're created for us to achieve greater works. For us to accomplish what it is God has set apart for us to do.

I don't know how to fix myself. I've spent several years trying to fix myself. But the fact of the matter is, God has fixed me. I'm running, operating smoothly with only the few operational glitches once in awhile, because God has done a work. Not because I willed myself into a better person.

So no matter what I say on here, always know that whatever has been accomplished on this earth, it has come about because God determined it would be. So maybe the key to being "fixed" is to just stop trying to fix ourselves and be the best Christians we can be, and reminding God regularly that we're broke and need fixing.

He's the best mechanic on the planet.

No comments: