Thursday, January 28, 2010

My life under the microscope. Part 2 - More than enough.

***Read Part 1 first to see where I'm coming from with all this - it will help it all make sense.***

When you go to donate blood, or plasma, one thing I've been told that they're checking with all the tests on your blood is that you have enough 'whatever' for you and someone else.
So when you go donate blood and they say your iron is too low - it's not necessarily too low for you it's just too low for you and someone else. (At least that's what I've been told.) A low iron score at the Red Cross Blood Mobile, doesn't mean an actual Doctor will say it's low for you. You just don't have extra to be giving some away.

And while that makes perfect sense, it goes directly into the Spiritual analogy that I was making before. Am I Spiritually healthy? Am I so Spiritually healthy that I have life, fruit, Spiritual seed for not only myself but others as well? Or do I have j u s t enough to survive life healthy enough to not fall over.

I believe Christians today typically DO have low numbers. Because the minute troubles strike, answers aren't readily available, or we don't get the recognition we're expecting, faith levels begin to plummet. When we encounter other peoples suffering and we give of ourselves to them, so often we give so much of ourselves that we become weak Spiritually, leaning on our own strength rather than Christs.
In other words - we only had enough umph for 1 - not 2.

I don't want a life that supports only me though. Not only do I want my veins coursing with strength, and faith, and the power of God; but I want enough to be able to lift you up as well. To lift up families, to lift up churches, to lift up broken dying people that don't have the strength to stand themselves. I want steel resolve that trusts God for the broken, rather than trying to fix it all in my own strength. I want firm faith, that knows that even without the answer that God is right and good and just - especially when my situation, your situation, and every situation around me seems like it's not right, not good, not just.

So while in my last post I said I worried about an empty life, I'm not content just to have enough fruit in my life to get me through a struggle. I want MORE THAN ENOUGH, so that I can help a brother, a sister, a friend.

And I want fellow Christians that are full of that more than enough as well. So that our churches are no longer hospitals for broken and hurting Christians, but instead we become healthy glowing Christians who are ministering to a broken world. I'm tired of being in churches preaching healing messages to help a broken, disease ridden church. It's time we all stood up and in the power of God claimed the healing and freedom that God has promised us and then begin to serve the sick and truly dying without Christ among us.

Recently in church we were supposedly studying about evangelizing the world through the Gospel. I even believe that was the name of the message. And the pastor read the story of David asking if there was any member of Jonathans family left that he could bless. Next thing you knew, broken and crippled Mephibosheth was living in Davids house, eating with his family and living a kings life surrounded by Davids strapping sons.

Then he said something that took me by surprise (especially in a message titled "Evangelizing the WORLD through the Gospel). He asked if we couldn't see ourselves in that story. That WE are Mephibosheth. We are the broken, crippled son who got dropped and yet generously welcomed into Christs family.

It's all well and good to be humble concerning our welcome into Christs family, I believe it's HIGH TIME that we refuse to believe the Devils lies that we're broken and crippled and the runt that needs someone to look after him. We are so much more than that. But as long as we believe that lie, our lives will be forever spent nursing ourselves trying to stay healthy enough Spiritually that we don't fall.

It's time we pump up enough Spiritually that we have more than enough for just ourselves. We can now tackle the world.

Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.

For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.


No comments: