Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A quick update...

So... a few weeks ago I mentioned that my laptop had issues. Well, after a few consecutive uses it went kaput again so instead of just bringing it straight back from kaput after a few hours work I decided to hit the magical keys that would restore the computer to it's original manufacturer settings. My hope was that maybe this whole problem was connected to a bad virus and this would fix it.

Unfortunately, such a move showed me that clearly, the problem was not a virus. Slowly, but surely, I believe I am reinstalling Windows and other wonderful computer programs that was originally on my computer.

The bad news is that I've been working on it for a few weeks now, and after restarting my computer close to a thousand times by now, I've completed about 90 bars of progress. Each restart (often) buys me maybe a half inch of progress along each bar. Sometimes it buys me nothing and it just doesn't do anything. Apparently, I have the patience of Job when it comes to my laptop. About 40 bars back it wanted the product code for Windows, so I do have hope that things are actually happening inside it's little messed up frame.

It's just...takin' awhile.

Meanwhile, the household that once boasted of 2 desktop computers and 2 laptops is now down to just 1 desk top that wanders around the house being used with tv's and also apparently is prone to severe viruses. Its only just tonight come back from an especially bad one.

All that said, that's why I haven't been able to post. I tried to keep it up for awhile only to finally get tired of trying to write a weeks worth of posts on my day off work. I'm just not that inspired usually. :) Normalcy will return eventually. Meanwhile my evenings are spent hitting the power button over and over and over and over and over.

Persistence WILL win the battle!

And by the way, to Richard - I did take a wander over to your blog, and when I have better access I look forward to reading more of your work. I was very interested by the testimonies and the posts caught my interest as well I just haven't had time to read at length yet. I look forward to it though! Thanks for reading.

No comments: