Thursday, September 29, 2005

I like the way you...

I'm sitting here with a goofy grin on my face. I hesitate to tell you why. Someone I don't even know, looked at my site and told me "I like the way you write" It's small, and it was probably very insignificant to the person that said it, but still it made a difference. I'd been thinking about doing some complimenting of my own lately, *but never done it since I find myself yellow with cowardice at times*. Recently I found myself wanting to compliment a McDonalds employee. I've never been able to figure out how on earth they multitask enough to take orders and money and make change all at the same time. Next time you go through McD's, take a look, whoever is at that first cash window is a very busy bee. I've been considering complimenting my own friendly cash lady on her abilities in there but haven't done so yet.
And now, here I am basking in the afterglow of a simple complimentary statement and I find myself amazed at how easy it is to make a difference in someones day.
So here's what I want to say: Compliment someone. No, you're absolutely right, it's not necessary, but it makes a difference. And while you don't get the wonderful afterglow when you give compliments, they will. So let me practice,
McDonalds cash window people, I'm impressed with how well your job. My change has never been wrong, and somehow you've always smiled at me when the transactions over, even though I know by now someone is in your ear telling you 2 happy meals with burgers and no onions. You do a terrific job. Thanks.

1 comment:

Flyawaynet said...

Hey G, thanks so much for the kind comment!
And Jen, I'm just really proud of you and the hard work you're putting into fixing your problems. I can't wait to see how things turn out! Keep it up!