Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Peace, sweet blessed Peace

I stopped at a secondhand furniture store to check out a chest of drawers that was sitting out in front of the store. I decided to pop inside the store for a minute to see if they had more than just this one, and I saw it. I was face to face with the bunk bed set that I'd been dreaming about for two weeks. I hadn't looked for one because I considered it a pipe dream, totally inconceivable and unpractical for me to even look for my dream bunk bed set because of financial reasons. But there it was staring me in the face.

I talked to the owner about it and haggled him down to $100.00 bucks, and he'd keep it in his store until I figure out some way to get it home. And then, I went home and pulled out all my change. I hauled my change jar to the bank and prayed. I went back to the store to pay for the bunk bed yesterday, and the cost with tax was $108.25. According to the bank, the change I'd accumulated throughout the year was exactly $108.27. It's as though God literally wanted to throw in His two cents about my purchase.

Ready for more?

On a whim, I looked up www.remax.com to check out houses in the city nearby that I've been hoping to move to one day. They had a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1200 sq ft house with a large wooded backyard, and a garage for $36,500. After drooling on the windows a bit that evening, I informed God that I really did give Him this dream. Whatever He wanted me to do was fine with me, but if He did want me to make this leap, I needed some kind of sign.

I went home to the house I've just recently described as having severe fire damage. As I cooked my dinner and sat on my couch, and flipped through last Sundays coupons, my heart absolutely was overwhelmed with love for my house. It is mine, my own little space. It's rented, but when my parents DO pass away it will be mine. I couldn't ask or wish for a nicer little, and most definitely quirky, spot to call my own. It's perfect for me and I love it. And with that, my property search has ended.

My God has called me to be content. It's not every day that I sit back and contentedly consider all that He's done for me. It's not every day that I see His specific intervention in my life. But He's called me to be content where ever I am, and whatever the circumstances. And on days like this, I never have to question why I am content now. I will rejoice for He has made me glad.

He has made me glad.

No comments: