Tuesday, February 06, 2007

More snippets

If you read my earlier post today, the link I provided you was to part two of the article on "The Christian Lifestyle". At some point - probably later today - I'll post these articles so I'll have them forever and not lose them. At the moment I'm just posting the snippets that just jump out at me. I hope these snippets speak to you.


Let us get humble hearts. Pride is the spring of disobedience. "Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice?" (Exodus 5: 2). A proud man thinks it below him to stoop to God’s will. Be humble. The humble son says, Lord what wilt thou have me to do? He puts, as it were, a blank paper into God’s hand; and bids him write what he will, and he will subscribe to it.

Beg grace and strength of God to do his will. "Teach me to do thy will:" as if David had said, Lord, I need not be taught to do my own will, I can do it fast enough, but teach me to do thy will. (Ps. 143:10). And that which may add wings to prayer, is God’s gracious promise, "I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes" (Ezek 36: 27). If the loadstone draw the iron, it is not hard for the iron to move: if God’s Spirit enable, it will not be hard, but rather delightful to do God’s will.

No comments: