Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sent to bed without supper

That's what it feels like. It feels like I've been sent to bed without my supper. It comes with the vague feeling that I'm being punished, though I know that I'm not. Now I'm sitting here, getting ready to go to bed, and I'm hungry. So hungry it hurts, and I wonder how I will be able to sleep.
That's what it feels like when we cancel church.
I've always heard you're hungrier than usual when you're growing.

I never imagined what hungry felt like. I never imagined craving the food I'm craving now. I never imagined craving worship time. I never imagined craving God. I hungry, and I want more.
I'm so glad to be hungry.


***I feel compelled to add a note in case this happens to be one of the few posts my pastor happens to read to clarify. I'm not complaining that we cancelled service, just expressing how glad I am to be hungry for more of God. I don't think I would have realized the extent of my hunger without having to, as I put it earlier, miss a meal.***

No comments: