Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 15 - Faith for the Mondays

I work for the State. And I'm pretty sure, government agencies have a monopoly on grumbling about Mondays. But, like it or lump it, we seem to have one every single week.
Sometimes we have more than one.
This past Tuesday, when our accounting supervisor spilled coffee on herself, she had herself a second Monday. It was a quite a sight.

Every one usually understands. Mondays, you're not happy to be where ever you're going. Mondays, the fun of the weekend is over. Mondays, are not the days meant for joy.

Typically.

But, I serve a really interesting, creative, constant God that is still interesting, creative and constant even on Mondays.
It's interesting how you never hear someone say "This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it." And if you do - I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Monday when you heard it.

But whether your Monday is an actual "Monday", or it's a Wednesday that has all the greatness of a Monday as you spend the day in the hospital waiting room, or a Thursday getting laid off your job, or a Saturday changing a flat tire. God is still the God of the Mondays. And it's fine time we all, but most especially myself, started acting like it.

Rejoice, and be glad for God has made it Monday.

And I'm glad none of you are close enough to throw your coffee cup at me just for posting this today. ;)

No comments: