Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 4 - Faith in His planning skills

Yeah, I'm a doofus with poor relational skills.
And I can't cook either.

But God has a plan for my life.

I've spent approximately 900 posts questioning God and myself -

BUT GOD - has a plan for me.

I remember an old Winnie the Pooh movie, Christopher Robin tells Pooh that he's "braver than he believes, stronger than he seems, and smarter than he thinks".

I've had the privilege of telling someone that they can do something - when they thought they couldn't. There are few things so powerful as telling someone they can do more than they think. They never believe you. It's always the same "Nooo I cannn't" (emphasis on the whiny drag on the words). Then, when they accomplish it... it's a terrific thrill.

So often, I'm the exact same way with God - but just like I have a good idea of the capabilities of an 8 year old - my Creator, and Friend, and Savior knows the exact things that I am capable of. Where ever He's leading me...He's got a plan and ... ... you know... it's a pretty terrific plan.

I can trust His plan - because I can trust His heart towards me.

I've always loved Jeremiah 29:11 (run your cursor over the words to see the scripture). But I tend to focus on the thought of my future. He's got an expected end in mind. But I hate to miss out on the first part...

God thinks thoughts about ME.
Those thoughts are thoughts of peace.

Then I'll call on Him, and go, and pray to Him, and He'll hear me. He'll hear me.
And I'll seek Him, and find Him, when I search for Him with all my heart. I'll find Him.
(Jeremiah 29:12-13)

I can't believe those words could possibly extend to me, and still believe that I can't do what he wants me to do.

I believe those words.
Because I believe Him.

No comments: