Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quote

“Now, if you are intelligent human beings - and I believe you are - then you automatically have to start looking inward and going ‘Now wait a minute, if that same power that raised Jesus from the dead and destroys evil lives in me why don’t I see it? Why don’t I get to walk in it? Why don’t I get to taste it? Why don’t I get to see it like so many others do in the bible and in Christian history?’

I’ll tell you why I think it is. I think we don’t experience the fullness of the power of God in our lives because most of us live lives that don’t require it. We take no risks, we expend no energy to share our faith. Church and Jesus Christ to us are a Sunday Wednesday affair and no more. And when you live like that you do not require the power of God because it is through risk and through faith that the power of God manifests itself.”
- Matt Chandler - "The Hope to Which We Have Been Called"

No comments: