Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesdays Walk - Week One

It’s not an easy thing.

I feel I ought to say that in case I start this post and describe what I’m doing and some of you walk away going “Well it’s easy for her, but it’s hard for me so I’m not doing it.”

So let me repeat:

It’s not an easy thing.

I’m spending more time in prayer, and asking God to show me people that He wants me to talk to. I’m praying He’ll lead me not with just the right words, the right actions, but also to the right people at the right time. Because the last thing I want to do is talk to the wrong person at the wrong time if you know what I mean.

So, beginning, I have to say my start feels weak.

First off, I met an elderly lady named Gladys. She is widowed technically? If your most recent husband is deceased, but your last 3 husbands are still alive are you still a widow? After a long conversation with her, I discovered she had no kids/family living in this area that could help her. By the end of the conversation I’d given her my cell phone number if she needed help again. From my experience, most of her necessary help would be in just listening to her, being companionable. It’s not exactly evangelizing, but the verse from James telling me to take care of the widow was bright and clear in my mind while I listened to her talk. So, we’ll see what comes of it.

Second off, I’ve begun slowly picking at a guy I know. He may or may not read my blog so just in case I want to be careful and want to preface this whole section with “I mean no offense whatsoever.” He is willing to state quite clearly that he is saved. Yet he’s afraid of what will happen when he dies. And, while I only know a small small portion of his life, what I know leaves me afraid right along with him. He also isn’t the type I feel comfortable discussing spiritual things at all. I look around and see roomfuls of other people that I’d be happy to talk to other than him (about Godly things that is), but for some reason he’s the one that I keep coming back to.

That’s all I’ve got. I’m still praying and watching for opportunities and trying to make sure if one opens up that I don’t neglect it out of discomfort.

On a related note, Mel over at “Walking on Water” posted about "Treasure Hunting" with one of my favorite bloggers Mark H (who unfortunately for me no longer blogs *sigh*). And I just this last week I had listened to an old sermon by Matt Chandler where he mentioned doing something quite similar to Mark and Mel.(Story is at 35:19 – 43:00)

If you’re attempting to fulfill Ephesians 2:10 as well, please comment or e-mail your stories to flyawaynet@hotmail.com

No comments: