Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wedndays Walk - 2

So, quite honestly, this week feels even less eventful than last week. I was out of town, and visiting for most of it.
I did get 3 unusual things though that I had to respond to more boldly than I normally would have.

1st, someone came to tell me about the sermon they heard. They proudly announced that they'd taken notes and everything. This one isn't anything I've done, he's actually going to church to impress a girl, but I'm getting the fallout of what he thought of the sermons and such. It's a good thing. And it's incredibly interesting to hear what he finds unusual or interesting in the message.


2nd, someone else at work approached me because "I know you read the Bible at work". They had a question about something a lady was telling her husband at work about her beliefs that were.... to put it kindly ... a little out there. She's part of a well-known church in this area that isn't quite right. So we had a long discussion as I tried to clarify some of the things she'd said that was incorrect.

3rd, someone else (not saved) e-mailed me out of the blue to ask how to respond to someone (also not saved) asking "Why does God punish good people?" and that one might have been my biggest opportunity yet.

These are things that are slightly unusual, people don't generally approach me to ask Biblical questions or tell me about something in the Christian world they heard or didn't understand. So I do feel this is an answer to my prayers that God bring more opportunities my way, and also to help me SEE some opportunities that I might have just been missing before.

So it's not much, but it's a start. Let's see what happens next.

No comments: