Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The substance

You can move trees with it.
You can be full of it.
You have have little of it.
You can be obedient to it.
You can see it.
You can hear it.
You can be purified by it.
You can be established in it.
It is the same whether you believe in it or not.
It's a law of it's very own.
It gives you access.
You can be strong in it or weak in it.
It saves you.
It heals you.
Jesus will come back to Earth looking for it.
It is the substance of things that are only hoped for.

Substance.

Substance.

That word has captured my attention this past week. It's a substance. I can easily dismiss it as something in my head. A belief, a thought, an idea, a dream. I wonder if my faith has substance, or have I restricted it to what I believed it would be. If I don't see the substance, how can I expect the world to grab onto it?

Substance.

Substance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on!

Faith has been reduced in our culture to mere thought, ideology even. But it is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, a very spiritual reality . Those with the eyes of faith take hold of the SUBSTANCE of the things unseen with the natural eyes and pull that reality into the earth, into the realm of the seen.

Great post!