Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I am... I serve

Ok, I'm posting most of his post here... hope he doesn't mind.
This is a post from Steven Furtick.
Just in case he does mind.
The preachers name is Steven Furtick. His blog is here. His church is here. His wifes blog is here.
I hope that is enough advertisment for him to cover the fact that I'm posting his post here.


Once, in the middle of a life threatening storm, Paul spoke up with courage: “Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me and said, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul.’”
Acts 27:23-24

I like the way Paul ordered that:
1. Whose I am
2. Whom I serve
Identity (whose I am) comes before activity (whom I serve).

I need to remember that when I’m heavy with inadequacy and uncertainty.
Who I am in Christ comes before what I do for Christ.
God the Father said He was well pleased with Jesus before Jesus ever performed a public miracle.
Identity supersedes activity every time. Remember that next time you feel like you don’t have what it takes to do what God has called you to do.
And let what you do flow from who you are.

No comments: