Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Day 24 - Faith in the faithful God

He's been so faithful to me.




I wish there was some way of showing you how fiercely my heart beats those words.

My God has been so faithful to me.

By biblical definitions my heart has been adulterous. I've doubted, cheated, walked away, stomped away, ran away, came back, accused, doubted, and a lot of times simply refused to trust in what I could not see.

But all that time He was faithful. He was a faithful provider, He was a faithful Friend. He never left my side, even when I felt alone and abandoned - He'd never left.
When I returned to Him, He was profoundly faithful to be merciful.

He's a God, a Saviour, a Friend. And faithful at all aspects of it.

Today, I love Him more because I can see what I've been. I love Him more because I know He was patient with me when I didn't deserve patience. I love Him more today because ...

...because He loved me. He kept on loving me even during some months when I was far less than lovable.

You can't put a price on that. You can't put a measure of value on that.

That type of love makes you humble.

That type of love changes the way you love back. It helps you love back with gratitude, appreciation, hope, and sincere regret for any and all actions that you foolishly make that would hurt this great Beloved.

His faithfulness during the last years (though especially during the very last year) gives me more faith. Though I still doubt, even my doubts are more frustrations than sincere doubt I think. Because I can't argue with the facts of my past. I can't pretend that He hasn't been there - even when I accuse it I still know it's not true.

He's been good. That sentence seems so weak though. He's been merciful.
He's been faithful.
And there is no better place to put my faith.

Come on, take 3 minutes and watch the video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

1 corinthians 1:9