Friday, January 27, 2006

...discerner of the thoughts and intents...

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and
sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul
and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and
intents of the heart.


This year I have been more into scripture so far than any other year before. I am amazed at how some of it is opened up to convict me of my sins. My most earnest prayer this year has been that the voice of God would be made clear to me. I too often find myself wondering if His sheep know His voice, and I'm not sure of the voice, then what kind of sheep am I?
I'm not to the point that I'm doubting my salvation, just...I want a closer walk. And let me tell you something. That closer walk won't come from reading great authors like C.S. Lewis, Charles Spurgeon, Jonathan Edwards, or A.W. Tozer. Though those are good authors and books to read I'm sure. They lack one thing that the bible has on every page. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
How amazing is that??? My entire life I've heard that verse referred to over and over again speaking of the twoedged sword. It's the last part that amazed me. This Word is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of my heart. The ugly thoughts of self and pride that I would hope I could set aside long enough to do something actually GOOD for the Kingdom of God, for His purpose and glory, rather than my own.
But His Word knows my intents, His Word knows my thoughts, His word divides my spirit and soul, piercing.
Read His word, and keep on reading. See how much He loves you, See through the inspired words of His apostles how He wants you to act.
Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
Romans 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
You'll be amazed at all the ground the scripture covers. Worship Him and Praise Him. Let Him be glorified in your life as you turn away from the old things (being a lover of yourself
2 Tim 3:2). And watch as God works in your life.
His word is amazing. Read it!

No comments: