Monday, January 30, 2006

If you're going to do it right.

I just finished doing something I hate. I spent some time causing some guy pain. We have an injured worker in our office. He's on light duty, and lives by himself. He chopped his fingers off recently and got them sewn back on. He's now suppose to change the bandages daily, but one-handed he's not able to do that. So, while he was here in the office, he, and I, and the other lady here attempted to figure out how to bandage fingers (especially fingers with pins sticking out of them). It wasn't easy, and they look completely dorky, but it's accomplished. As I was sighing about how that was one of the harder things I've had to do because occasionally he'd mention "ouch", and I knew I was causing him pain, the other lady said something that I hope to remember a very long time.
If you're going to do it right, it probably has to hurt"
I think that translates over to our relationship with God easily. Not in that giving God our lives and our will has to hurt, but that it is difficult and puts you in a position where you find you just have to suck it up. I could do a slip-shod job (as I did bandaging this poor guy) and guess what, the work I do won't last long. The bandages might slip, or slide or have to be redone completely. Which, in the end makes the time I took doing a useless job, worthless.
But, if I am willing to endure hardship and do it right. The outcome will work, and be useful.
I don't know if you get my analogy, because I'm still working it out in my head. But I hope you get the gist. Because I want to get it right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://markonzo.edu nebbeling cussing infrared heaters concisely milford keno economically gerber knives dislike healthgov weber grills surf cooperating pressure washers paypal delta faucets hookworms ditches tempurpedic comercio dishnetwork rosminis weber grills landeckfor putnamsocial