Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Addon

I just wanted to leave you with a quick addition to my last post... I quoted a lot of chapter 7 (of Joshua) in that post. The very last verses in that chapter pretty much state the carrying out of Achans punishment (death - not just his, but his family as well).
Reading of Achan and his childrens death hit me. But as easily as those verses took my breath away, the very next two verses in chapter 8 restored it.

1 Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai. For I have delivered into your hands the king of Ai, his people, his city and his land. 2 You shall do to Ai and its king as you did to Jericho and its king, except that you may carry off their plunder and livestock for yourselves. Set an ambush behind the city."

He didn't just send them off, He spoke to them, He reassured them, and then, He offered them the plunder He'd denied them in the last city. This is discipline at it's finest.

1 comment:

One Sided said...

Joshua 23:11 So be very careful to love the Lord your God.

One of my favorites.

And I find no controdiction or confusion with your being in tune with what the Lord has laid on your heart and what was laid on mine.