Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back to basics

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16



I never really paid any attention to the fact that this verse is red lettered. Jesus said this about His Father.

Jesus doesn't announce that He loved the world so much He was willing to come. Instead He announced that His Father loved the world enough to send His Son.

As I was thinking about this verse though, I thought about all the songs about the cross. Thanking Christ for the cross, glory to Christ for taking away my sin at the cross, Christ took my sins away, Christ paid a debt... it just seemed like there should be a song (or more songs) thanking God for the cross. Not dividing the gratitude, but multiplying it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks