Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Adventure

I hope I never forget this feeling.
It's an outrageous mixture of excitement and fear and incredulity.

My offer was accepted on the house yesterday. So today I've spent the whole day passing e-mails, phone calls and faxes with my realtor, the sellers realtor, and my mortgage company. It's been a tedious paperwork hassle, no more or less than I expected at this point.
But then I received a phone call from Arrow, my foster care agency, telling me to expect a 1 yr old little boy this week. For about 25 minutes he was coming today. Then paperwork fell through with the shelter he's staying at and so the timeline became "sometime this week".
There's also a strong likelihood that his 5 yr old brother will be coming also "eventually".

My increasingly overworked brain now randomly obsesses about packing, paperwork, and repairs AND assembling the crib I didn't think I'd use, paperwork, and childcare options.

I believe I've mentioned before a quote from a book series I was reading that described adventure as being one desperate move followed by another never knowing how it was all going to end. Life, this week, has become an adventure.
I can't wait to see how it's going to end.

No comments: