Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Won't you be my neighbor?

Sunday night I went to bed and I dreamed that my house was on fire. I spent who knows how much time trying to put it out and while I did get the fire out, it seemed to be out more because there wasn't anything left to burn, than due to my efforts.

Skip forward to 4am this morning. I'm lying in bed staring at the ceiling when I hear a siren. I don't generally pay any attention to them because my house is on a street that every ambulance and fire truck seems to use as the quickest route to get across town. I idly noted that the siren stopped suddenly rather than the normal sound of it passing by. I still thought nothing of it. Then I saw the emergency lights no longer moving, but stopped and flashing in my bedroom window.

Lying in a nice warm bed, on a cold sleepy morning I was 110% wide awake.

It turned out to be nothing. I still don't know what was going on, but by the time I got to the window the fire truck was moving on down the road again. If only everyone could have so effective an alarm clock.

But then it was still 4am and I was wide awake. I made as good a use of the time as I could, but by 5:30 in the morning I found myself watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. Yes, you read right. Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. This morning I learned that everyone has feelings about grandparents, how straws are made, and I was asked what it must feel like to be a fish. I don't think anyone's ever asked me that before.

As Mr Rogers changed his jacket so he could leave he sang "It's such a good feeling".
If you click on the link you can hear the song as well.

It's a good show, and it started my day off quite nicely. Though, finding out my house wasn't burning down was a pretty good start as well.

It's 8am now and I'm off to follow Mr. Rogers lead and make it a "snappy new day". Which is pretty easy to do since I've got such a good feeling.

By the way, if any of my neighbors happen to read this; if you see my house on fire, please put it out. :)

No comments: