Thursday, October 16, 2008

Furtick on doubt.

I'm no leader, but these seemed like good words for average joes like me as well.


Pastor Steven Furtick's post on "LUI (Leading Under The Influence)".

He opens the post explaining:
"Sometimes as a leader, I find myself making decisions so dumb that it’s almost like I’m drunk on something.There are obvious elements that can intoxicate leaders: pride, jealousy, sin, lust…But lately I’ve been thinking of some less obvious leadership intoxicants that often seem to impair my judgment. .."


#3 on that list was Doubt:
You’ve got to be careful. Someone might slip something strong into the punch bowl while you’re not looking. Proverbs 4:23 warns you to guard your heart above all else, because the issues of life flow from it.When you let people who don’t have your best interests at heart speak into your life with open access, they can contaminate your pure faith with drops of discouragement and doubt. And next thing you know, you find yourself inebriated by insecurity.

No comments: