Friday, October 24, 2008

Healing

I tell you, Christians everywhere make these things look easy. They never mention things like "I didn't know if it was me or God", I've never heard the humorous stories about the 200 times it wasn't God, and they royally embarrassed themselves, in the 250 times they tried to pray for someone. No, I only hear about the 50 times God did something miraculous.

My friends, I can assure you, you won't have that problem with me when you read my blog. You'll probably see me wondering "is it me or God" so many times you'll want to quit reading!

Last night the important question of the night was.. "Is it God? or do I just need a new mattress?"

If you're confused, then let me assure you that you did read the sentence right. If you weren't confused by it, you should probably reread it.

I've spent the last two days with my back hurting. Nothing major, but something just annoying enough that I kept stretching trying to work out the kinks. I assumed, that my mattress was to blame and was considering trying to flip it this weekend. I'm proud to say I own a 10 yr old mattress. It's worth having a few sags, to have the privilege of that statement.

But last night, as I was praying just before going to sleep, I remembered that I've heard people say that if they were suppose to pray for someone with hearing troubles, they would sometimes experience a bit of hearing troubles. Chris, over at Hamer-Hodges mentioned the same thing recently with his throat - where you experience sensations in the area that the person you should be praying for is feeling pain.

So I said, what if this is my notice to be praying for my friends son? So I mimicked what I saw God do, and I reached around and I put my fist into my back and began to pray for him. And I did it until the pain in my own back was virtually gone. I still had a small twinge when I moved but nothing like it was before.

I don't know where all of this leads exactly, I doubt that he's going to jump out of bed this morning saying "Look mom! the pains gone!" But that's why I keep praying. Because I don't have enough faith for the big miracles. I'm going to keep praying until I grow. And I certainly won't stop there! I hope every once in awhile God finds enough faith in me.

What do you think that verse means when it says Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Ephesians 3:20

What's that "power that worketh in us" mean?

2 comments:

sojourner said...

I think it means God's faithfullness. I think it means bringing God into the mix of things and behaving as if He is with you as you live your life through Him. I often struggle with the is it Him or is it Me question, finding that when I choose the Him I realize more of His faithfulness than had I choosen the me and not done the thing I thought he wanted me to do. I like the "mattress" healing! BTW I popped in from Nancy's blog. I'm Yvette Massey (aka sojourner)

Anonymous said...

hey i see yvette was here...she has a unique just to her gift for writing that you would probably find enjoyable and uplifting.

i find that same thing here as well with your writing...as unique as you!

i like your thoughts here today, makes me think in what i consider a positive light.