Monday, October 06, 2008

With some of thine maybes

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, with all thine soul, and with all thine might. Matthew 22:37


I've been thinking about how much time, and energy we give ourselves, verses what we give God; and that verse came to mind today. All my heart, all my soul, all my might. All of my being.

It's as though there are two separate worlds in which we could choose to live. The one where we ourselves reign, with entertainment, relaxation and hobbies, and a second one where our entertainment, relaxation, and hobbies revolve around the One who reigns in us.

The very thought of it is one that leaves me hopeful that something better than this is available. That there's a world out there, where ordinary HR Assistants somehow change their community in their free time. A world in which an unimpressive misfit, walks in the Spirit and speaks healing into lives by the power of Jesus Christ. A world, where someone as ordinary as a fisherman, can lead thousands.

It could happen.

No comments: