Monday, October 27, 2008

Healing again...

Have I wrote about this before? It it a sense of deja vu or am I doing reruns already?


Either way...


Today I was thinking about the verses from Acts 19.
And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the LORD Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.


And I wondered... does the devil know my name? Really? Or no?
Yeah, probably not.

But, I wonder. It's not about being known by the devil.
But I wonder about the motives behind things. Would God wrought special miracles through me? Do I consider it that way? Or do I pray that I would work special miracles with Gods help? God did it that He would be glorified? Too often I wonder if I just want to do it because I want to help.
Do my motives need to be solely to glorify God or can they be simply that you have compassion on someone that is hurting?

I've got another thought mulling along those same lines, maybe I'll make more sense of them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think that Jesus was mainly about the business of the Father.

i see that business as the healing of our spirits and the saving of our souls.