Friday, August 08, 2008

Tell me God doesn't speak to me through my blog.

Go ahead. Tell me. I'll laugh. Or roll my eyes. I'm not sure.

Today, someone new visited my website, twice. Each time they googled the same term and came to the same page. It was a post I wrote back in 2006 (2006! I've been blogging that long?).

It was called "When Sin Creeps In".

What was the main topic? Well, I was struggling with something at the time and started thinking about renewing my mind.
Yep, renewing my mind.
A topic I'm just now thinking about again this week, and here comes someone directing me to my post on the same subject.

*sigh*

Just in case there's someone else out there that can benefit from the scriptures I ended up posting on that last post I'm going to post them again.
Here is just a clip of what I wrote:

I started thinking about how I needed a renewing of my mind (anything to get my mind of needing a repentance from disobedience!) and did a bible search for "renew mind" And it gave me two hits, but the best one was Ephesians 4.

Ephesians 4:22-32That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

For Christs sake, He's forgiven me.

I believe God speaks in whatever works best with you. And one of the ways He speaks to me most often is through song. Random songs will pop into my head as a face situations - you can laugh it's ok - and I find myself scrolling through the words in my head trying to find the redeeming value, the message to the song that is meant for me at that moment.
And today, I woke up with Celine Dion's song "A new day"
This is getting long - so I apologize. But I wanted to share the lyrics (or at least some of them):

I was waiting for so long
For a miracle to come
Everyone told me to be strong
Hold on and don't shed a tear
Through the darkness and good times I knew I'd make it through
And the world thought I had it all
But I was waiting for you

Hush, love
I see a light in the sky
Oh, it's almost blinding me
I can't believe I've been touched by an angel with love
Let the rain come down and wash away my tears
Let it fill my soul and drown my fears
Let it shatter the walls for a new, new sun
A new day has...come

Yesterday, it was raining as I came home from work and so Bell and I took the opportunity to be silly. We stood in the rain, arms raised, spinning around in circles - before we finally wandered over to the playground and let Belle slide down the slide over and over. While we were out there my mind kept wandering to all the songs that talk about the Holy Spirit and rain. Let me tell you, Celine Dion didn't hit that list! But when I woke up this morning I just kept going down the words until I hit upon that one line

"Let the rain come down and was away my tears, Let it fill my soul and drown my fears, Let it shatter the walls for a new new sun."

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just have to stop and smile at God.

No comments: