Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Cost of Power

The Healing Revivalist posted on "Keep the Fire burning". It was a great post, but the dream that he mentioned is what engraved on my heart.


"It may cost more to constantly remain connected to the Holy Spirit because in order to do so you may have to eliminate some things that you do and likewise it costs more to have the water heater going every day so that the water is hot. However, the cost is worth it. I am reminded of a dream that one of the interns had in which he was turning on the lights in this huge house and a woman, who represented the Holy Spirit, kept turning them off. After arguing with her about keeping the lights on to let people know she was there, she ran throughout the house and turned on every last light, coming back to tell him, "Power costs!""


I admit, it took me a minute to get the dream. I thought, "Why would the Holy Spirit be turning it off?" Finally enlightenment hit and I realized it was much like the electric company turning your power off. If you haven't paid the cost, you don't receive the power. Simple as that. I can't run my a/c on all day unless I'm willing to pay the cost. If I'm only willing to pay a small amount, then I'll only get a small amount. This message reaches deep.

He went on to say:


It is costly to walk in power. Many people, myself included have tried to just turn on the heat when they are in the moment, but that doesn't usually work. To see the best results, the heater needs to be on all the time.

2 comments:

One Sided said...

I like that. It is insightful and inspiring.

Flyawaynet said...

I thought so too. The Healing Revivalist's blog has become a staple in my blog diet. I'm glad to have discovered him.